Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bye Bye "Big" Sister

While Grandma was visiting she offered to get the kids some new clothes and shoes. We headed to Payless first for shoes as I KNEW that Jeffrey needed new shoes. He seems to grow out of his shoes every few months. What he was really going to need were sneakers. The first thing he saw (after getting over his fit because we didn't head directly to the play area) was a pair of light-up Lightning McQueen shoes - imagine that. So I tracked down the clerk to measure feet. Erin quickly measured an 8 1/2. She's been around that size for a while now, but still got some new Dora sneakers. After fighting Jeffrey in the sizer he measured a....



9


WHAT? OK, I know this kid is tall and has big feet but a 9? He has now officially outgrown his "big" sister in foot size. I'm still amazed at that. But we put back the 8s we had set aside and grabbed the 9. Fit great and he's not even tripping all over himself. I can't believe my little guy is getting so big.

I ended up with much the same surprise getting clothes. He's got his sisters waist (or so I thought). I figured that 2T pants would be the deal for this winter. Again, boy was I wrong. 3T it is. They are a little long, and a teensy bit big in the waist, but nothing I'd make changes about. I still can't fathom it. We ended up buying both kids 3T outfits (Erin got mostly 4s, but there was a really cute one in a 3T we couldn't pass up).

I know we've all been saying this for months but it's not going to be very long before our little man outgrows his "big" sister.

No comments: