Monday, March 17, 2008

Out of the Mouth.....

Sometimes 4 year olds just say the funniest things....

At dinner our friend, Jacob, had stopped by. Erin, Jeffrey and I were finishing our meal. Jeffrey was being rather belligerent about eating. I made him eat a bite of mashed potatoes (how horrible of me, I know). He decided he was just going to start throwing a fit. The following scene ensued.

Jeffrey screaming.

Erin: "He doesn't like them mom!"

Mom: "Yes I know honey, but he needs to eat 1 bite AND I'm the mom."

Jeffrey: Screaming louder. "I'm Cold" (This is his current phrase when he's mad or grumpy or tired. I'm cold.)

Mr. Jacob: starts giggling at this phrase from Jeffrey. Mommy joins him.

Erin: Completely straight faced. "It's not funny Jacob."

Mommy and Jacob: Nearly fall out of their chairs with uncontrollable laughter.

Mr. Jacob: You're right Erin. It's not.


It may have been one of the most hilarious and precious moments ever. She so calmly and clearly told Mr. Jacob - a daddy in his own right - that Jeffrey's being cold was simply not funny. I'm still laughing about it. And I'm sure I'll still be laughing tomorrow.

No comments: