Friday, June 06, 2008

Who Needs a Pool?

Summer is here...without even a sign of Spring it feels like. We've been up in the 90s the past few days and I've had to resign myself to shutting the windows and turning on the AC.


We haven't tested the lake yet. I can't imagine it's that warm yet, but maybe it is. Since we don't have a pool, flat space for a little pool or even a sprinkler I "punted" yesterday. I got out the garden hose, a large 5 gallon bucket, a couple of water squirters and filled the water table. Toss in a couple of kids in swimming suits and you've got an afternoon of fun.

They had an awesome time. We'd run in the hose for a few minutes - we meaning I was holding the hose - I'd make sure the bucket was filled with water for the squirters too. Then they'd play for a while with the squirters and rotate back up to the water table. Once they got a little warm we'd recycle the whole process. I did my bestest to stay dry...Erin did her best to make sure I didn't. I certainly met the wet end of the water squirter a few times.


Jeffrey did get himself in a bit of trouble by deciding to turn the water table into a wading pool. I'm actually amazed it didn't collapse under him. I tried really really hard not to laugh, but I just couldn't. As soon as he saw that he knew he might be in some trouble...but nothing major. And since I had the camera nearby I just had to get a shot and video of it.


It was so great to see them having so much fun with simple stuff. No fancy inflatable water slides. No in-ground pool (but let me tell you the next house we get....). Not even a sprinkler. That's the way an afternoon of fun should go.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

You have beautiful grass!

I cant wait until the wind dies down enough (just for one day out of the year. Please?) to play in the sprinklers.