Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Just a Phase

I'm really hoping this is just a phase. Please don't tell me, "It only gets worse," "Wait until they are teenagers". Because you might just find pictures of my cute little guy on E-bay. He'll be sitting on the 3rd step from the bottom, because he lived on the time-out step today.

The backtalk and the sass are driving me nuts. I honestly hope that it's nothing more than a phase. I don't remember Erin being much of a back talker or sasser when she was 4. But maybe she was.

A basic conversation from today..

"Hey bud, can you find some shoes so we can go to the library."
"No, I'm busy."
"I told you a bit ago we were going to try to go to the library this afternoon."
"Well I'm busy now."
"Jeff, please go up and get your shoes."
Sassy voice, "Please go up and get your shoes."
"That's it. Time out step. No library."
"Fine."
"Fine"

Seriously looking back at it, it does look like a conversation with a 15 year old. Heaven help me in 10 years.

No comments: