Thursday, January 24, 2013

Snow Day

Cute Little Guy In The Snow
Zip Up Your Coat Child!

Last week central VA was predicted to get 6-10" of snow.  We got nary a flake.  Last night I went to bed around 11 and peeked out the window.  The mention of flurries had been in the forecast but nothing major.  Then the phone rang at 5:30 this morning announcing no school.  There was 3" of fresh white powder across the land.  It was quite beautiful.  Of course after being awakened at 5:30 it's hard to fall back asleep, but I'll leave that to my Facebook ranting.



The kids loved their snow day.  It was a super light and airy snow.  Certainly not good for snowballs, but great for sledding.  Both Erin and Jeff spent about 2 hours playing outside in the sub-20 degree weather today.  I bundled them up as best I could, but we still lost at least one hat.  They slid down the hill into the prickers and over the garden.  They explored the stream.  They played in their fort in the woods.
Zooming Head First
Not Quite Sure Yet

Away She Goes

And now at 8:00 PM --- they are exhausted.  YES!!!


Even mom took a few rides down the hill.  Man, I've never noticed how bumpy our ground is.

No comments: