Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Story of My Morning

As told by Jeffrey Anserson Wallace.

What? Who's out there? It is morning? Why am I still in my overalls and shirt from yesterday? Did mommy get me up and change me and I don't remember or did daddy put me to bed in my play clothes? I'm not even sure my diaper got changed. Oh well, I think I hear someone coming towards the room. Yay, it's mommy.

What's she doing? Oh yeah, she still lets me snuggle with her in the morning. Maybe I'll have a little drink. Thanks mom. All done. Wait I haven't even had breakfast yet, where are we going? It's cold outside mom, you forgot my socks and jacket. Ooohh I'm going to get to ride with daddy. Here comes sister. What's she fussing about? Oops mommy didn't put shoes on her either. Silly mommy. Wait where's mommy going? Oh there she is, daddy's going to give her a ride too. Are we going back home already? I didn't even get to go inside the garage. Let's go back inside now. Bye daddy, see you later.

Ok, now breakfast. Milk in a cup again, what does she really want me to do with this, am I supposed to drink it? Maybe I should spit it out like this. Ooops, mommy didn't like that trick very much. Let's see if she likes it better the second time. Nope. But here come some Cheerios - Yummy. Oooh, she's got cereal too - my favorite. Ok time to get down and play mommy.

Wait what's this - not the exersaucer again. I can't reach the remote from here. Wait time to watch cartoons - OK. What's mommy doing? Ahhh - taking a shower I just saw her peek out of the curtain at me. It is time to play yet mommy? Yay done in the saucer. Play time. Let's go down to the basement.

What's this? Sister must have left it sitting where I could reach it last night. She seems to think it's fun to play with. If I hold the bottle upside down does anything come out? Oooh yeah, that's kind of soapy, I think Erin calls them bubbles. Oh well the're on the floor now. Oops, mommy's not very happy again. Maybe I'll go up and ask for a snuggle. "Pick me up, pick me up". That's nice. Hmmmm where are those sucky fingers, ahhhh much better. Wait where are we going? Not my room, I'm not really tired yet. Well maybe just a short nap...

What was that? I hear my sister. I think she's playing outside. I love playing outisde. If I scream loud enough mommy will come get me. "HEY MOMMY!!!!!!!!!" Here she comes. No I don't want my diaper changed, I want to go outside. No No No. Fine if I lie still can I go outside after that? I'll just play with this little thing between my legs until the new diaper comes. Yay I think we're going to play outside, mommy's putting my sandals on.

Hi sister. Can I play in the sand with you? Thanks for the shovel. I'm going to throw it on the ground, is that ok? Wait what's that? Pthbbbbt. There's something in my mouth and more on my head. It's starting to go down my shirt. Uh oh - mommy's really not happy. She sounds kind of mad. What's she saying, she seems more upset at sister. Mommy wants to know why sister dumped a bucket of sand on my head. Is that what this is, because it's in my diaper too. It's kind of itchy. Wait where are we going? I want to play outside.

No No No, I don't want to take a bath. Mommy says I have to. OK, well I can have fun there too. Let's see how much water I can splash. Wheeeee. Oops, maybe that was too much. All done already, well that wasn't very long.

What's she trying to do, I want to get to my toys now. I don't want a diaper on, I want my toys. If I roll my hips and shoulders all the way over, maybe I can get them. Oooh maybe mommy doesn't want me to do that. She keeps rolling me back over. Grrrr, she's going to make me put a diaper back on. No fun.

What's that? Lunchtime? OK. I'm ready now. I love you mommy.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Jeffrey, Very cute story of your day. I remember when your dad and Uncle Jeff used to do mean things like pouring sand over your head to me, except it was getting pushed down the stairs and tackled. Uncle Bill and I miss you very much and look forward to seeing you and your sister and parents in a few weeks. Love ya and miss ya lots, Aunt Katie and Uncle Bill