Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Sign of What's to Come?

Clearly I'm just in big trouble with our little man. We've known this for a while. But this morning I got another sign of what's to come.

While lazing around in bed I could hear Jeffrey waking up. He seemed happy enough so I didn't stress about hopping up to get him. I let him play in the crib for a bit. Eventually Erin came in to get me and the two of us went downstairs to get some milk and start breakfast.

Hearing people up and moving, Jeffrey got a bit more agitated. I went upstairs and opened his door. I immediately called Tom to come upstairs and see the sight that was greeting me.

You see, when Jeffrey went to bed he was snuggled tight in his footie PJs with his assortment of blankets (including the ever important "blankie"). Letting him play around in his crib when he wakes up is not an unusual occurrence. So what I saw when I opened his door was quite a surprise.

There was Jeffrey standing naked in his crib swinging his PJs around his head like a lasso. Thankfully he hadn't gotten the diaper off yet as it was loaded with quite a stinky. All of his other blankets were thrown on the floor about the crib. I was totally surprised that he'd managed to unzip the PJs and get them completely off. Imagine how much more astounded I was when I wrestled them away from him and realized that they were still mostly zipped up. Either he had wriggled out of them without unzipping them, or he zipped them back up after getting out of them and turning them into a lasso. Either way it was quite a feat.

Sadly the camera was all the way in the basement so I didn't get a photo of Jeffrey in all his glory so proud of his accomplishment. Hopefully there won't be many more chances to capture one but with my little wild man, you never know.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Jeffrey, Sounds like you are continuing to grow up so fast. Before you know it he will be climbing out of his crib. Apparently Aunt Katie was a big culprit of that and would sleep right behind her bedroom door so grandma and grandpa could not get in. Love ya and miss ya lots, Aunt Katie and Uncle Bill