Friday, February 15, 2008

He Was A Tree Cutter

Normally when I pick Erin up from school I ask her what she did that day? I start with asking about snack because she can usually remember that. Then she'll start to tell me about other things. The conversation went a little like this....

"What did you do in school today honey?"

"I dunno."

"What did you have for snack?"

"Teddy Bear crackers, grapes and bananas, but I didn't eat the bananas because my tummy doesn't like bananas." (she gagged on one at home last week - like mother like daughter) "Oh yeah and we talked about cherries."

"Cherries?"

"Yeah, like cherry trees? There was that guy who cut down all the cherry trees. I don't know his name."

"George Washington?"

"Yeah that's it. George Washinton. He was a tree cutter. He went around and cut down all the trees. Apple trees, cherry trees....all the fruit trees. That was what he did. All the trees in the forest that he didn't want he went and chopped them down. Especially the cherry trees."

"Oh really? Did he do anything else?"

"I already told you mom, he was a tree cutter."

"Ahhh ok. Was he also a president?"

"Oh yeah...that too. I don't want to be a President, that's what I told my teacher."

"So what do you want to do?"

"I want to be a tree cutter like George Washington."


Well at least she's aspiring to be like one of the founding fathers. And really...who wants to be President anyway.

No comments: