Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One More Day

Just one day left before Kindergarten. Erin's not worried one bit. She's super excited. Mommy, on the other hand, is super stressed. There's a lot to get organized for a kindergartner.

What bus does she ride? Where will it pick her up? When does it come? When does it drop her off?

Is her teacher nice? Organized? Willing to work "with" us?

How do school lunches work? Do we pay cash? Use a debit card? Use a personal random 6 digit code?

Will Erin feel alone? Will she make new friends? Will she be brave enough to introduce herself?


So much to worry about. We answered a few of the questions last night at Orientation. Found out when her bus picks her up and where. Her teacher seems quite nice and Erin took immediately to her. The classroom was bright with lots of activities.

I'm still not sure how lunch will work. There's some code that Erin will have to use to buy lunch when she wants to buy lunch. We do have a lunch calendar. Erin's decided that she wants me to make her lunch for tomorrow.

So tomorrow morning we'll venture out to catch the bus bright and early. I'm sure Erin will hop right on, and I'll stay and watch until I can't see the bus any longer. All summer I knew this day would come. I told myself that it's no big deal. Every little girl goes to school. They wave out the bus window at mommy and ride away. And I know she'll be fine. She'll have a great time and make some new friends. But I'll still be sad, and shed a tear or two as I watch my big girl climb up those big steps and disappear into the bright yellow of her awaited school bus.

No comments: