Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter


We had a nice Easter weekend here in Virginia. The weather this afternoon was lovely, a bit cool, but not too cool to sit outside. Yesterday we had rain so we skipped the local egg hunt and mellowed at the house. We also dyed our eggs. Both the kids really got into it.

I also got an excuse to play with my new camera since I broke mine in DC. I could have waited a few weeks to get a new one, but I'm impatient about some things. I couldn't risk missing the perfect Easter picture, so picked up a new camera Friday.

The kids wore their special Easter outfits for church. They both looked adorable. I ended up putting Jeffrey in the pants from last year's outfit since the new ones were still a little large. Sadly, last year's were a little short and made for some silly pictures. At church the kids had an egg hunt during service and both found their allotted 5 eggs (numbered 1-5).

Once we got home, I took a few pictures before they changed into some more comfortable...and warmer... clothes for egg hunting at home. "The Easter Bunny" (the kids know it's daddy) did a great job hiding this year's batch of eggs in the yard an on the deck.

Later in the afternoon we went down to the stream to play and then had a roasted chicken with wild rice and cauliflower for dinner. It was a very nice Easter.




No comments: