Friday, October 23, 2009

Something's Changed Here....



I took this picture 2 days ago.

And now today.



That's right. Something has definitely changed here. Something's missing. I can't quite tell what it is. What could it be?

Yep, the tooth is gone. After wiggling her "loose" tooth for almost 4 months it finally came out. I sent her to school with a fully intact, although somewhat loose, tooth. She returned with a wad of Kleenex in her mouth, more Kleenex crumpled in a baggie and one VERY loose tooth. She said it started bleeding after PE. I asked if she knocked it, but nope. Just something finally came loose.

We came inside and I gave it a little tug. Still pretty firmly in there, I sent her off to play. She continued to mess with it for the next several hours. She came running downstairs to show me she could push it pretty far forward with her tongue. I asked her if it could twist or turn at all. She shrugged and ran off.

A few minutes later she was hollering at me. I found her in the bathroom standing in front of the mirror. "Yep mom. It can twist. See?" She had managed to "twist" it 180 degrees and it was still in her mouth, but backwards. Let me tell you, that's really freaky. I tried to give it another tug, but was disturbed by the oddly twisted tooth. "Put it back please," I explained. When I said twist I meant did it turn a little, not all the way around.

A few minutes later she had righted the tooth and I decided if it could turn like that, it was time for some tugging love. I grabbed a Kleenex and had her open wide. A few gentle tugs, and "pop" out it came. She was so excited. She almost dropped the tooth down the heat register on the floor she was so excited.

We quickly called daddy, Noni and Grandma (sorry folks, the cel phone battery died, will call more people tomorrow). She spent the rest of the evening playing with the new hole in her mouth. She has discovered several things.

1 - Thumbkin fits perfectly into the hole.
2 - Your tongue can also fit cool in the hole.
3 - Brushing your teeth tickles.

So now she's tucked in bed. Her little tooth is in an old ring box lined with velvet. She told me she hopes the tooth fairy brings her a nickel. (Wow, I figured the going rate was more like $5.) We'll just have to see what awaits her in the morning.

No comments: