Saturday, May 05, 2012

7 Amazing Years

Dear Jeffrey,

7 years old.  That's right.  So hard to believe, although you're almost as tall as mommy.  I still see you as my baby.  You will always be my baby.  And it melts my heart every time you let me be your mommy.  When you let me hold and snuggle you.

The day you were born I held you close and snuggled you.  You've been my snuggler ever since.  Sometimes you'll ask to "watch Food Network" and I know it's not really about Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives or Chopped, but about snuggling in the big bed.  You're too big a boy to ask for snuggle time specifically, but have found other ways to get those snuggles.  And I'm so happy for it.  I pray that you keep asking for those snuggles and that I don't get too busy to make time for them.

I can tell you're also enjoying being a big boy.  You love playing outside and getting dirty.  You love reading (although you also love when sister reads to you).  This year daddy read you the Hobbit, the first sign of being a big boy. You are brave enough to ride a loopy roller coaster or a two-wheeler.  You are developing you're own voice and opinions.  Even though we don't always want to hear them (yes, brushing your teeth is required).    You saved up your own money to buy that DSi you've been waiting a year for.

We had some very special moments this year.  Our trip to Disney World was just amazing and so special being just the 4 of us.  You've started reading to me before I read to you.  You spent time with so much of your extended family (cousins, aunts, great-grandparents, grandparents).  And you know that they all love you so much.

I hope you remember that always.  When Mr. Silly gets out of the box and mommy and daddy get frustrated.  When mistakes are made.  When you belch at the table (and are so proud of it).  I hope you remember that we love you so much.  You are our special little boy.  My little baby.  And I love every inch of you.


No comments: