Friday, May 11, 2012

Dear Beautiful,


Happy Birthday to my sweet angel.  My little bug. My Dorothy and my Marta.  My singer, soccer player and Brownie.

I try to tell you every day how much I love you, but I think sometimes I forget.  Sometimes I focus on the fact that you misplaced your iPod, forgot to turn in your homework, or left Squinkees in the middle of the floor.  I don't say it enough.  But I love you down to your toes.

You are beautiful inside and out.  You love others unconditionally and open your heart to all your friends.  Your smile, even with your braces, can just light up a room.  And those beautiful brown eyes, oh those beautiful brown eyes.  They tell everything you are feeling, you can't hide it with them.

This year has been a big year.  You have grown in so many ways.  You stood out in your audition for Wizard of Oz by being confident in yourself.  And 6 months later you stood on that stage, a beautiful Dorothy. At school you learned multiplication and division.  You conquered a 500+ page novel and asked me to buy the next book in the series.  You've gotten your ears pierced and look beautiful with it.

You still yearn to be a little girl.  You play with Pet Shops, dolls and stuffed animals.  You read Pinkalicious, and Junie B. Jones.  At Disney you were so excited to meet Tinkerbell and show off your Tink doll.  You run in the woods and create forts from fallen trees and your imagination.

I hope that you'll always keep that little girl inside of you.  The one who uses her imagination to create entire new worlds.  Who snuggles her momma in bed while watching Cupcake Wars.  Who asks for a story at bedtime, just because.

Happy Birthday beautiful.  Don'y grow up too fast on mommy.



No comments: