Saturday, March 04, 2006

Rules of Hide & Seek According to Erin Wynne

Erin LOVES to play hide & seek, but she has her own set of rules that are simply adorable.

1: Erin prefers to be the seeker.

2: Counting goes someting like this - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12... 14, 18, 14, 18 ... Ready or Not Here I Come!!!

3: Closing here eyes while counting is optional.

4: One must count from the stairs, no place else is acceptable.

5: You should call to her from your hiding spot for her to find you.

6: One you are 'found' a shout of "Boo" is required from both her and you.

7: A circular area to "hide" around is very helpful (such as grandma's foyer, dining room, kitchen and living room).

8: On the rare occasion she chooses to hide, hiding in the middle of the room or yard and yelling "boo" as soon as seeker opens his/her eyes is totally acceptable.

9: Always look in the last place you hid for her, she's bound to be there.

10: Much laughter is essential.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Erin,

I loved playing hide and seek with you and my Mommy had fun too. I hope we can do it all again soon.

Love Rylie and Aunt Robyn

Katie said...

Hi Erin, It sounds like you are really enjoying that hide and seek game. I must say I had a blast playing it with you in Rochester and having you go up to Rylie to ask her where Katie is. I am really enjoying my new job and had my two classmates over Saturday night for dinner. We look forward to seeing you in May. HOpefully the hotel will be a good place to play hide and seek. Love ya lots, Aunt Katie and Uncle Bill