Sunday, February 04, 2007

My Bubble-ishous

Ever since Erin was teeny tiny one of the gentlemen at our church has fondly called her "My Bubble-ishous". Probably because she had these great big cheeks and went through a phase of blowing bubbles and raspberries when she was about 4 months old. Anyway he and Erin have had a special bond since then. He sings in the choir and will let her sit with him while we rehearse and she always finds him after service for a special hug.

Recently after church Erin was trying very hard to tell me she had to go find.....well I couldn't make out what she was saying. After about 5 minutes she grabbed my hand and we went walking around church looking for what she wanted to show me. Eventually we found him. Let me give you an image of what this gentleman. He's a tall, broad, African American gentleman who has a son in high school - not a small man by any definition of the word. He was at one point high school principal of the year. Erin saw him...pointed to him and yelled, "There he is...there's my Bubble-ishous." I can assure you this is the first time anyone has called him by such a nickname. To this day she still looks for her Bubble-ishous every time we are in church and always makes sure she gets her hug.

No comments: