Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Little Nudist

Maybe it's just a boy thing. Who knows. But Jeffrey has taken to removing his Pull-ups any time he's put to bed. He won't do it if I put him in shorts but it's been so warm this week I was just letting him sleep in his Pull-ups. A couple of times he's come downstairs from his naps completely naked. I then have to go on a scavenger hunt for his undies. Thank goodness they're generally dry or only a little wet (all except for the one day he tried to dump the poopies into the potty).

Well last night I went in to give the kids night night kisses. I sneaked into Erin's room, bent over to give her a kiss, apparently startled her because she bolted straight up and headbutted me. Apparently she didn't notice it because she just rolled back over - I had a bump on the head when I woke up this morning though. So I opened the door to Jeffrey's room slightly startled at what had just happened in Erin's room. I was blown away to find myself even more startled in Jeffrey's room.

There he was in his bed - Stark Naked. No shorts. No Pull-up. No shirt (he hadn't been wearing a shirt to start with). He was sound asleep snuggled with his blankie and his Cars fleece blanket. I went in to grab Tom, informing him that he just HAD to see this. When we went a little closer we found that his bed was soaked. His blanket was soaked. His fleece was soaked. His perfectly dry Pull-up was crumpled into a ball at the side of his bed. We had to wake him up fully, get him clothed and change his sheets.

I only wish I had gotten a picture of it. Sigh . . . he can even cause problems while he's asleep.

No comments: