Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Annie


So this past weekend was the production of Annie. Boy was Erin excited about it. She absolutely LOVED being in the show. It was extra cool because in one scene I got to play Erin's mommy so was on stage right with her. It took a little practice for her to behave well with mommy on stage, but we got it down. She was a little girl that Annie meets on the street after running away from the orphanage. Then she got to be in a radio show scene. She had 3 songs that they got to sing....Dumb Dog (her personal favorite), Tomorrow, and Fully Dressed. She was sad at first that she wouldn't get to sing Hard Knock Life, but maybe next time we do Annie.


We had 4 shows over the weekend and by Saturday evening everyone was getting pooped. The two sweeties playing my kids on stage, actually sat down and refused to get up. I eventually prodded them up and they sang loud enough to be heard but not with their usual gusto. As you'll see in the video, Erin's a screamer. She screams all the songs. No one can complain that they can't hear her. It actually makes me snicker to hear it.


I'm so glad that Erin really enjoys the plays. She's starting to make a few friends and certainly LOVES being on stage once the curtain goes up (not a big fan of the rehearsals). So here are a few pictures. It's really hard to get pictures while she's on stage so this is the best I've got. And one from backstage with mommy. She got to wear her pretty green Christmas dress too and was very excited about that.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Erin and Meghan,

You guys look so great. I wish we could see you in the play. I am not sure if you know this but, Aunt Robyn got to see them filming Annie in NJ. I got to run up and down the stairs. Play the organ and even jumped on Annies bed. I would love to show you my pictues one day.

Love Aunt Robyn

Katie said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun for the play. We wish we lived closer so that we could see you guys in all of your productions. What a great singer you are Erin. We love you lots and can't wait to see you guys next week, Aunt Katie, Uncle Bill, and Will