Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Poop Stories

Have you noticed that there tends to be an inordinate amount of poop stories on the Blog? No. Maybe it's been a while. There's this one - Sigh Long Poopy Day . And this - I Don't Know if this Should Be Called Progress. Oh and we certainly can't forget Boys Will Be Boys I Guess

You get the idea....

So here's another wonderful story.

Jeffrey hasn't had an accident in quite a while. Aside from being wet in the mornings he's pretty much completely potty trained. Hooray. Yet yesterday whether he was angry at me (for making him take a nap when he was clearly overtired) or just so overtired he couldn't think straight I'm not sure.

What I do know is that about an hour after he laid down for his nap I heard him playing in the living room. Given how tired he'd seemed to be, I was surprised by his lack of long nap. I went up to check on him. He held his hands out to give me a hug. That's when I noticed.

His hands smelled totally like poop - and they were covered completely in poop. There also seems to be a little poop on his sweat shirt.

"What happened bud?"

"Ummmm...I poopie my undies. (big smile) But it's ok now!!!"

Leading him upstairs to clean his hands and shirt. "Well let's go get cleaned up kiddo."

While removing the soiled shirt I noticed it seemed that his pants had met with some poop along the way as well, and they were on backwards (hard to wear jeans backwards but my kids can do it).

"Lets get these off too"

What met my eyes was quite a nasty sight. Legs, socks, a pair of inside-out undies all covered in poop. Seriously I was in for much more than I bargained for.

"Woah!!!!! What happened?"

"Ummmm. I dunno." (standard response when he knows he's in trouble)

"Where are your other undies?" Asked while stripping him down and running the bathtub.

"Don't worry mommy. I put them in the laundry"

"Oh. Ugh." Toss boy into bathtub. Go reclaim most disgusting pair of undies ever seen. Immediately toss undies into garbage. No salvaging these.

While the little man splashed around in the tub I continued to follow my nose for other signs of Jeffrey's cleaning abilities. The doorknob to his closet was crusty, smears on his wall and a small splotch on the carpet. I've never seen quite a mess as this. Nasty, nasty nasty.

But boys clean, clothes wash, doorknobs can be disinfected and undies thrown away. I'm not sure if I should be proud of his initiative to clean up his mess or severely pissed that he didn't come to me for help. I can assure you that if there's a next time he's been informed that he's to come to mommy for some help before turning my upstairs into Poopville.

No comments: