Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Boys Will be Boys I Guess

Well one boy in particular. He seems to have gotten himself in quite a bit of trouble yesterday afternoon. The type of trouble I never had with Erin. Not even when she pooped in her room so proud because she didn't poop in her panties. Although this is along very similar lines.


Jeffrey was put down for his nap at his usual time yesterday. Before laying down he peed on the potty and we got a pull-up on him. Both he and Erin were up very early - like 6:30ish which is way too early for me. So expected them to take good naps. Jeffrey apparently had other plans. About 10 minutes after laying him down I heard him up playing. I went in to guild him back to bed and noticed he smelled stinky. I half expected this actually. He's not been super great about pooping in the potty recently, but at least saves it for the Pull-up at nap time. So I take him into the bathroom. Clean him up and remind him that poopie belongs in the potty. I fish out a new Pull-up and bring him back to his bed.


Ten minutes later I hear him up again. Now I know he's just playing so it's time for some action. I go upstairs and find him in the middle of the hallway wearing only his t-shirt. That's right, no Pull-up. He looks at me with a big smile and says.


"Poopie in the potty mommy"


I peer into the bathroom and there is his Pull-up in the middle of the floor. And he has actually gone pee in the potty. Well I'm actually pretty proud of him for this because he's never really taken initiative to go on his own before. So I tell him good boy, but it's time to nap. I put the Pull-up back on and tuck him in.


Ten minutes later I again hear him playing. This time he's in the living room playing with the drum. Since he knows he's supposed to stay in his room during nap time he runs away from me. But not before I notice that yet again----he's naked on the bottom half. I ask him where his undies are and he leads me to the bathroom and again proclaims,


"Poopie in the potty mommy"


I peer inside and yes he has eeked out a little more pee into the potty. But this time I'm a little more frustrated because he KNOWS it's nap time and is really really testing the limits.


Again I re-clothe him and send him back to bed. Ten minutes later I hear him up again. This time it sounds as if he's staying in his room. I decide to wait it out hoping that he'll just conk out on the floor. A bit later I head up to check on him. Erin's door is open and there is a nasty smell coming from in there. Erin hears me coming upstairs and runs to meet me...


"Jeffrey went poopie mommy."


"OK honey, I'll get him cleaned up."


"No don't worry mommy I wiped his bum for you."


"What?"


Now you see I assumed Jeffrey went poopie in his Pull-ups. And I was correct in that assumption. What I didn't realize was that he had then taken said soiled Pull-ups off and tried to dump the poop into the potty (something he sees mommy do). Then feeling like a big boy he just went about his business. Except he rather missed the toilet and actually ended up dumping the whole Pull-up into the potty. Then apparently proceeded to fish it out. I wander into Erin's room and there he is in all his glory squatting in the middle of her floor playing. Clearly his path to this location had taken him through her room, over to the fish tank, up onto her newly washed sheets, and ended on the floor in the middle of a pile of toys.


Erin's room stank to high heaven. Jeffrey had poop all over his hands, all over his T-shirt, all over his legs, and all over the toys he was playing with. So I scooped him up, cleaned him off, removed said T-shirt and got him settled in pants and a clean shirt. I then turned my attention to the bathroom and toilet which had splatters of poop everywhere. After wiping that down it was time to address Erin's room. I stripped her bed, got the spots on the floor, and cleaned the toys. All in all it took about 45 minutes to clean it all up.


I asked Erin why she didn't come get me and she was quite clear that it was OK, she had wiped Jeffrey's bum. Clearly in the mind of a 4-year old this was sufficient enough to deal with the situation.


So I've got a stripper and a little girl who loves being a big sister so much (on every other Tuesday that is) that she's willing to clean up his poop. Boys will be boys I guess.


And oh yeah one other thing.....this morning I was greeted bedside by a stark naked Jeffrey in all his glory. Heaven help me. Now if I can just get him to tell me where he hid the diaper.

No comments: