Monday, June 11, 2007

Out of the Mouths of my Babes

Here are some cute conversations I've had with the kids recently.

  • Jeffrey went through a hitting phase a few months ago where he found himself in time out quite frequently for hitting. Whenever we put him in time out we always ask him, "Jeffrey do you know why you are in time out?" Usually he'll just look at you with his big eyes and say - "I sorry mommy." I'd inform him he was in time out because it's not nice to hit people. So, recently when he's in time out, most often for not listening, I'll ask him...."Jeffrey do you know why you are in time out?" His immediate response....."We Don't Hit PEOPLE" (emphasis on people). I try very hard not to laugh at him but it's quite difficult to hold it back.

  • Or there's Erin trying to get Jeffrey to eat a Lima bean (her new favorite). "Look Jeffrey it's good. It's not spicy. It's good. Try it." Well put my dear. It's true - Lima beans are not spicy.

  • Tonight Erin was sitting on my lap while I was playing an online fantasy game. She'll sit with either Tom or I enough she has a basic grasp for the game. So my character "fell over" (read died). Erin asks, "What happened mommy?" My response, "Mommy fell over, it's OK". A few minutes later the same thing happens. "Look mommy you fell over again." Then she turns her head away from the screen to look at me -- "You're not very good mommy." After one last attempt at the quest I moved onto a different area. Erin got slightly confused and said..."We're not in Kansas anymore!" I laughed for a good 5 minutes. No dear we're not in Kansas anymore. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are precious
and little children's opinions to the contrary I think you're pretty good at it, just gotta be careful trying stuff you're not strong enough to do is all ;)