Thursday, August 13, 2009

Questions

Here are some questions that have been asked of me in the past month or so. Life starts changing when kids start paying more attention to things around them apparently.

1 -- Mommy, is God dead?

2 -- Mommy, how does a baby get out of your tummy?

3 -- Mommy, why does daddy put nails in Andrew's hands (we're in a production of Godspell now, Tom is the Judas character)

4 -- Mommy, why does Luke's daddy disappear?


These are the things Erin thinks about in the back seat of the car apparently (when not trying to spell POOL). Jeffrey asks things like, Mommy, do you like chicken with fireworks. Or any other crazy combo he can think of.

So I guess this is the age of the deeper questions. My answers, not all that deep. I'm just not ready for a heavy theological discussion or a talk about the birds and the bees with my 6-year old. So to answer....

#1 - God isn't dead sweetie. God doesn't walk around on earth like we do. God is more of a spirit. Her response...."OK".

#2 - Well a doctor had to take you and Jeffrey out of my tummy and make a little cut. I'll show you some day. Want to listen to Wall*E? How about CARS?

3 - It's all a play, but remember the story of Jesus and the cross from church school? Daddy's helping teach that story to other people.

4 - Luke's (Skywalker) daddy (really Ben) disappears when he dies. But remember it's just a movie.

I'm a little afraid of what's going to come up next time we have to drive anywhere. Looks like we've got some interesting years ahead of us.

No comments: