Saturday, March 06, 2010

Wacky Tackies

Both the kids had Wacky Tacky days last week.  They were very excited to be able to dress up silly for rehearsal (for Erin) and school (for Jeff).  Let me tell you though, it's much easier to wacky tacky up my girl than the boy.  First things first, the selection of clothing is much greater, especially since 90% of what he wears is solid or wide stripes.  Secondly, she's got hair, he just got his cut.  Lastly, the boy is very picky about his appearance, and especially how things feel.

Erin went all wacky for her rehearsal.  We layered polka dotted leggings with some blue plaid pants, a printed undershirt and with a striped T.  She loved looking all silly.  She wanted her hair in lots of pony tails, so I think we got 6 in there all together.  She happily bounced into rehearsal sufficiently tacky.  I'd forgotten all about the wacky/tacky though when we headed into Target after rehearsal.  She certainly got some smiles from the folks around.

She had so much fun when she got herself dressed for school on Tuesday she had on much the same outfit.  I "almost" let her go to school like that, but figured I might give her a warning first.  "It's not wacky-tacky day at school.  You can wear that if you want, I'm just letting you know."  She opted to tone it down a little. 


Jeffrey is a little more complicated.  He's got on a tie-dyed shirt  - backwards - under his red flannel.  We've got pants on backwards, which you couldn't really tell.  Then mismatched socks and shoes.  All Tuesday long, he kept telling me that he was going to let me make his hair spiky for Wacky Tacky day.  That's our running joke.  He's very particular about his hair and HATES it when it's in the slightest bit spiky.  The stylists always tease him when they're cutting it, that they might leave it spiky for him.  He generally gets somewhat angry and explains that "I like it flat."  So I was so excited that he was going to let me spike it.  But Wednesday morning brought about a change in heart.  No spiky hair :(  He did humor me and put his had on sideways, but really, that was just to humor me.  It got turned straight almost immediately.



So there we have my silly willies.  My wacky tackies.  Don't you just wanna hug em!!!!

No comments: