Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School

Baby Brother and Big Sister
Today is the first day of school here.  That means my baby boy hopped on the bus this morning (first time in 3 years we've caught the bus on the first day).  He got up and took care of eating a good breakfast, getting dressed and even brushing his teeth and washing his face all on his own.  Erin was very excited that baby brother was getting on the bus with him.  She tried to give him the "scoop" about riding the bus and who he might get to sit with. 

I took my camera to the bus stop at the end of the day, but just as I was getting ready to take a video of them running off the bus the battery died!!  Just as well I guess, Erin was upset because someone had made fun of her on the bus (the joys of being 7) and called her a baby.  Jeffrey had a fantastic day it seems.  He ran up to me so excited to tell me he had NO Timeouts today!!  Guess he knows what I worried about most.  He says his favorite part of the day was playing with his friend Owen.  Erin calmed down after a few minutes and admitted that her day hadn't really been that bad.  We made a special trip out for some after school ice cream as a treat for a great first day of school!


Waiting for the bus


Cool New Backpacks
Off They Go - No Looking Back

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad you guys had a great first day at school. It was great Skyping with you guys tonight. We will have to do it again soon. I still can't believe you guys are in 2nd grade and Kindergarten. Will starts preschool on September 20. Where did our babies go?

Love ya and miss ya lots,
Aunt Katie, Uncle Bill, Will, and "Bean"