Sunday, February 27, 2011

What is going on here? No fair!!




I know, I know it's going to happen.  He's going to grow.  But really, does it have to be so quickly?  And why does it seem like he's going to be taller than I am before he's 10.  NO FAIR.  


Notice -- He's slouching!
It seems that over the past few months Jeff has just grown and grown.  Not only physically, but in so many other ways as well.  But yes, he's that tall.

He lost his first tooth! He lost it at school, but was able to tell his teacher was able to have him put it in a bag to bring home.  The tooth fairy brought him some fairy dust with a $5 bill and a nickel.  


Mom!  I Lost My Tooth!!


He's also made huge strides in his swimming lessons.  He can now swim the length of the gym pool in 3 different strokes (freestyle, back and breast).

Working on Dives
Catch his little dance before his dive.  Everything has to be J.U.S.T right.



He's reading to me now and his thirst for reading is infectious.  He loves to sound out new words and looks for ones he recognizes in all sorts of places.


Like I said -- No Fair.  Poor sister has given up on being the "big" sister any more.  She realizes that idea is long past.  BUT it doesn't keep her from taking care of him, because that's what a "big" sister is going to do anyway.

But  . . . I can still carry my baby boy around.  He's still my snuggle-bunny.  No matter how tall he gets.  How many stories he reads to me.  How many laps he swims.  How many teeth he loses.  Mr. Jeffrey (and Miss Erin) will always be my baby.

No comments: