Monday, April 23, 2007

A test of patience..


Both Jeffrey's and mine. Since our little man has been showing interest in the potty for several months now, we decided maybe it was time to bring out the pull-ups and little potty. Last Thursday was day one of the experiment. I got him up, set him down on the potty. He fussed and wiggled quite a bit. Sat for 1 Lightning McQueen story and that was it. Then he saw the Pull-Ups....with Lightning McQueen on them. He went nuts. All he wanted was to put them on. I told him we had to try to keep them dry etc, and I'm sure he processed about 1 word of what I was saying - "McQueen".

So Thursday provided 2 successes both mostly accidental. Friday included 1 poop but no pees. Saturday got a little rough, Sunday morning was hard, but by the afternoon he had a pee after his nap. This morning he went first thing - Yay!!! I'm going a little slower than I was with Erin, but I'm still there with him quite a lot. We read Lightning McQueen stories, blow bubbles, snuggle with blankie and read more Lightning McQueen stories.



I'm giving myself a week. If we're making more progress and having fewer struggles with staying on the potty we'll even try some big boy undies. I've got some Cars ones waiting here for him. So who knows how long this little experiment will continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Please lord give me patience and give it to me NOW!"