Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

This is as close to history as we got today. Even though we're only about 90 minutes from DC we decided that for the safety of the kids and the sanity of Tom and I we'd stay home. Believe me, I really wanted to be there to witness this momentous day. I did have the TV on throughout the day. I tried to explain to Erin what was going on. I pointed out who Obama was and explained what a president is (not just a dead guy on a coin). By mid-afternoon she would get excited whenever she saw him on the TV. Jeffrey on the other hand didn't really get it. He was impressed by YoYo Ma playing the cello right before the swearing in. At least the boy's got taste. So the kids have some pictures of them sitting in front of the TV that they can show their own grandchildren in 50 years.

No comments: