Thursday, September 29, 2005

Someone Make Him Slow Down

What is happening to my little baby? He's getting to big and growing so fast and doing so many things. He certainly isn't the little snuggle-bug he was a few months ago. Believe it or not this guy is already on the go. He has figured out how to turn his flipping and rolling into directional movement. He also is a champion of pivoting around while on his tummy. The other night I watched him army crawl across the floor. Yes I used the word crawl!!!! Down on the hardwood laminate of the basement he would link his fingers together to make one big ball. Then he'd throw his arms in front of him and pull himself forward. At first I thought is was a fluke, then I realized he was going after a toy about 8 feet away. And guess what..... He Got It. Then he just looked up at me with that big (now toothy, remember) smile as if to say,

"Look at me mama!!!"

"I am looking at you. What do you think you are doing? You're not supposed to figure this out yet. Noooooo"

Ok, now I need to step back and take a big breath and realize that it's time to get out the babyproofing stuff again. I just can't believe it.

No comments: